Miscellaneous professional life
- Develop the schedule for communication science: 2015-16, 2016-17.
- Member of the Educational Committee of Communication science: 2012-13, 2013-14,2015-16.
- Reviewing of manuscript considered for publication in Religie en Samenleving [Religion and Society], 2015.
- Reviewing of manuscript considered for publication in Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 2012.
- Reviewing of manuscript considered for publication in Youth & Society, 2011.
- Member of project team that explored possibilities for intensifying supervision of second and third year BA students in the Faculty of Social Science, 2010.
- Reviewing of manuscript considered for publication in Tijdschrift voor Communicatiewetenschap, 2010.
- Reviewing of manuscripts considered for publication in Communications: The European Journal of Communication Research, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2009.
- Co-organization of, and reviewing of submitted abstracts for the conference 'Etmaal van de Communicatiewetenschap' [24 Hours of communication science], Nijmegen, The netherlands, February, 12-13, 2009.
- Co-supervisor of Judith E. Rosenbaum's doctoral thesis, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, November 7, 2007. Dissertation on Measuring media literacy: Youngsters, television, and democracy. (see publications).
- Chair of a parallel session on media use at the conference 'Etmaal van de communicatiewetenschap' [24 Hours of communication science], Nijmegen, The Netherlands, November 13-14, 2003.
- Chair of a parallel session on media use at the conference 'Etmaal van de communicatiewetenschap' [24 Hours of communication science], Utrecht, The Netherlands, November 5-6, 2002.
- Reviewing of manuscript considered for publication in Tijdschrift voor Sociologie, 2002.
- Co-organization of the 2nd International EJCR Colloquium on 'Action Theoretical Approaches in European Communication Research: Theory, Methods & Findings', Nijmegen, The Netherlands, October 18-20, 2001: Preparation of the colloquium and chair on the second and third day.
- Speaker at the 'Erasmuspleingesprek' about 'Katholieken en antisemitisme' [Catholics and antisemitism], Nijmegen, The Netherlands August 28, 2001. I put forward the thesis that scientists should do research on the question as to whether Dutch Catholics in general are aware of antisemitism as a problem, or not.
- Introduction and discussion with the members of the 'sectie Kerk en Israël' of the 'Samen op Weg' churches, Utrecht, The Netherlands, March 14, 2000: Introduction and discussion pertaining the consequences of my dissertation for the work of the 'sectie Kerk en Israël' [Dept. Church and Israel].
- Lecture during the theme-weekend 'Living together is an art' of the Steenkampinstitute of the Christian Democratic Party (CDA), Beek (Gld), The Netherlands, November 27, 1998: Lecture on Christian (in)tolerance in the Netherlands.
- Lecture in the sequence 'Fundamentalism versus tolerance' of the Dutch Association of Protestants (NPB), Arnhem, The Netherlands, March 24, 1998: Lecture on Christian (in)tolerance in the Netherlands.
- Form 1995 to 1997 I was involved - as a representative of the SOCON-researchgroup - in the designing of the questionnaire of the international comparative research project "Religious and Moral Pluralism (RAMP)" of, among others, Prof. dr. W. Jagodzinski (University of Cologne), Prof. dr. K. Dobbelaere (University of Leuven), and Prof. dr. E. Barker (London School of Economics). In the fall of 1997 and the spring of 1998 data from random samples were collected in 10 European countries (Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Hungary, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Poland, United Kingdom).
Copyright © 1997-2018 Ruben Konig, all rights reserved